Thanksgiving time is here! What a great time to reflect on what we are grateful for and then go out and show we are grateful by helping others. I think the holiday season should be one of very few words and very many actions. There is a lot of need in this world and it isn’t just monetary. There are so many around us who have forgotten to be grateful for life and the wondrously simple blessings we receive on a daily basis.
Let’s look for opportunities to give a kind word or helping hand to the people around us that we see every day. Remember, the best way to show you are thankful is to do something about it.
Here are some quotes to help you reflect on gratitude and thanksgiving:
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” – Thornton Wilder
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.” - WIlliam James
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” - Oprah Winfrey
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus